Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy New Year!

To all the Jewish doctors and nurses who held my hand during my cancer journey I send best wishes for the Happiest of New Years!

And in that same spiritual vein I want to offer up thanks for the blessings that have occured in my life over the last few weeks. We've been able to find new health insurance and have reduced our monthly costs from a killer $1808.77 down to an almost manageable $768.00. And today we got a call finalizing the re-instatement of our mortgage so now I will have a roof over my head when our own New Year's celebration takes place.

God is good and works in His own time. Unfortunately for us we are usually running on a different timetable. However, faith will always see you through. My favorite verse says it all: Matthew 21:22 "If you believe, you will receive, whatever you ask for in prayer".(NIV)

Today was spent working on my dessert jewelry. The cupcake and ice cream cone earrings are coming along nicely and I should have a few pair to post by the weekend. I've also got a few ready to be made up as pendants. Close friends are the only ones who will remember that I used to be a free-lance designer with Polyform Products, the makers of Premo polymer clay. Up until my breast cancer surgery in '04 that was the only outlet for my creativity. I put it aside because I was concerned with the fumes from the baking and the possibility of ingesting the pvc from the clay itself. But I find that there is no better modeling material to perfect these earring designs so I went back to the clay and have been happily sculpting all kinds of yummy creations in miniature.

I haven't yet started to color them but I'm thinking that the watercolor technique I've perfected for non-porous surfaces should work well with these. I can't think of any other way to get the strawberry cones to look edible and not plastic. I'll post by the end of the week and let y'all be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment