Tuesday, June 09, 2009

YART SALE

If you need a bit of sunshine in your home or to add to your jewelry collection, go to these sales at my two Etsy shops:



BarefootBrideDesigns is offering 20% off each piece of jewelry.



WildGypsyArt has a buy two get one FREE offer now through Sunday 6/14.

Thank God for a sense of humor. What's that old saying..."Man plans, God Laughs"...well I'm sure He's been yucking it up for years with my plans for success. And the latest...my SABBATICAL was really the best laugh yet. It's over before it started. But that's because I really didn't plan on the fact that the bit of money I made on eBay and Etsy was what put food on the table for the family. I simply assumed that DH's commission checks would keep right on coming and my little bit of cash wouldn't make a BIG difference. Boy, was I wrong!!!

But in keeping with my deep faith and abiding trust in God (even when He's enjoying a laugh at my expense) I can see how much of a difference taking off those few weeks has made in my life. I realize that I really don't enjoy painting or making jewelry. Something I've been doing for years and years. Just by putting away the paints, pencils and paper I got to take a deep breath and look around me. I spent time finishing my bathroom project as mentioned in previous posts and found some old photographs that I'd taken during my days in the college photo labs. It made me realize that the last time I'd really been happy was when my eye was pressed against a camera and the world was reduced down to a manageable size through my view finder.

Now that doesn't mean that I plan to go hying off and starting a photographic career but it does mean that I at least have come to realize where my true love lies. My Dad was a photographer during WWII so I guess I come by it naturally. But for right now I'm selling off my stock in my Etsy shops, my collectibles on eBay and my gold jewelry to a local Jewelry store that specializes in Cash for Gold. I'm trusting that whatever the future holds for me it will be the right thing at just the right time.

Pop over to those sales of mine that are going on through Sunday. Maybe you NEED a Sadowski original...after all they're going to be as scarce as hen's teeth if I pick up that camera again!

No comments:

Post a Comment