Saturday, September 06, 2008

Paint-over collage technique

or as some call it, acrylic overlay painting. A rose by any other name and all that. I'm not finished, but here's the almost finished second piece I did today. It gave me many more problems because I was working from a gray scale copy that I glued to my canvas board so it was a 'what's the best color to use here' journey. I want to add a cake topper and do some more oddz and endz but at least I kept my promise to myself and did a second one before I talked myself into believing it's not worth the trouble. It is but....you decide for yourself. Here it is: It was inspired by a 'whimsy cake' that I saw on the internet. Who knew a cake could still stand up while it was leaning over :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! It reminds me of all the fabulous challenge cakes I swoon over on Food Network. Terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic but I don't understand the technique

    ReplyDelete