Sunday, September 07, 2008

Lisa Bebi paint-over collage technique???

For the second time in as many days, someone has said to me, "What the HECK is a paint-over"? The short answer is; take a photo or magazine page, affix to a canvas board and then using acrylic paints you PAINT OVER THE IMAGE. Now if that doesn't explain it any better, just google: Lisa Bebi +paint-over. OK...my sister just did it and comes up with the info that will better explain the technique since it's not mine to fully explain. I've only done it twice so far and have a long way to go before I can do it well enough to explain it. Also http://itspamelasworld.blogspot.com/2008/04/paint-over-technique.html has examples of this very same technique by another blogger and artist.
I'm so appreciative of Lisa for being generous with her technique in the Spring 2008 edition of Somerset Workshop. Her "Altered Images Fun & Easy paint over technique" is a wealth of information about this wonderful way of expression. I was able to do these paint overs by reading the information presented. I would love to take one of her workshops but because of $$$ restrictions and travel costs I've never been able to fit one into my life...but someday!
This week is MINE! with the exception of Tuesday when my AVON boxes will arrive on my front steps before dawn and I'll be out delivering all of those wonderful products to my friends and family. Other than that I plan to PAINT all week using lots of my vintage family photos and some of my newer pieces from garden shops. I'll keep posting all week so stay tuned!
Hugs from Jersey y'all :)

1 comment:

  1. i just read this by goggling my name -if you would like workshop - invite me out to teach - i will come.

    ReplyDelete