Sunday, October 05, 2008

Faux cupcakes and desserts

surfing the web looking for how-tos for making faux food is a great way to burn up the hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Of course, it's a dodge from answering a question I don't know how to answer. Last night DH listened to me as I moaned about how hard it was to make money on eBay and Etsy and then he said something so profound I wanted to hit him really, really HARD!
"Well, I think your problem is you still haven't asked yourself the question of where you want to be five years from now. You don't have a goal. No goal, no plan. No plan, no progress toward your goal". WOW! Why didn't I think of that?

Five years???...I should have asked myself that question 38 years ago when he asked me to marry him! I might have had a better answer then. Right now I'm stalled because I really DON'T know what I want to be doing in five years, other than being a Granny which may or may not ever happen given my daughter's predilection for dating hotties who are nottie good for her :).

Anyway...getting back to those faux cupcakes I found a lot of info on how to make them but I certainly don't want to go into mass production. I thought that I'd make a half dozen or so and then photograph them. And then do a paint over? Oh hell, I don't know anymore what I want to do or where I want to be other than at this very moment, sitting down to dinner. I'm hungry!! Too much wandering amoungst the fauxs to fix the food that will fill me up. So for now I'm off to find something to slap on the table in front of DH...where does he want to be in five years? In the kitchen cooking, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment